June was a beast of a month. A BEAST. It is time to get things in order, more or less. I feel like I’m starting with a blank slate with the simple joy of living in a new home and settling into a new neighborhood so despite not having slept in over 4 months, I feel pretty happy about where we are at.
I needed to mark my monthly goals somewhere so this blog, which is normally reserved for broader meditations on mindfulness and productivity, is getting a bit more personal. But in any case:
1. Set up house: curtains, rugs, shelves (flowers next month)
2. Look into baby sleep plan and implement it mid-month.
3. Check out baby activities at the library
4. Order MOGA at SAM exhibit catalogue purchase
5. Locate a high chair – start baby foods by end of the month (5.5 mo)
6. Research baby-led weaning
7. Look into baby first aid, cpr class – update class at SHARP to one at a better time…
8. Check out the new bagel place
HA, my WHOLE LIFE REVOLVES AROUND THE BABY. All but 1 of my 8 tasks is pretty much centered on the domestic. I accept this temporary reality.